Your laptop is reliant on its battery in order for it to function well. A laptop that has all the great functions and amazing apps but a lousy battery isn’t going to be a great choice. The purpose of the laptop is so that you have a mobile place where you can do your work. If you cannot take it with you wherever you want to work then what is the purpose of having a laptop with you?
The Importance of a Good Battery
That is why when you are shopping for a laptop, one of the most important things that you have got to check is the quality of the batteries used in the computer. You need to read the specs on the device, but the best way to check on that is by looking for reviews of the product and find out how users are rating the way that it has actually performed and how well the battery actually did. That would be the most reliable way of getting information on well good the battery is.
What to Look for in a Battery
There are several things that you need to look for when it comes to the laptop battery. Here are some of those qualities:
- The actual length of time that the charge of the battery lasts when the laptop is in full use.
- How long before the battery would have to be replaced.
- What type of laptop battery it is.
- The ease of getting a replacement for it.
Types of Laptop Batteries
Nickel Cadmium- Indicated by the Symbol NiCd, this type of battery was the first one to be used on a commercial basis. It was cheap which contributed to it being used extensively by manufacturers. They are no longer being used because lighter and more efficient batteries are now available.
Nickel Metal Hydride- This is an improvement from the Nickel Cadmium type. It is more efficient and has better output. The problem with it is that it has a problem when it comes to memory. If you fail to fully discharge this kind of battery it might “remember” the partial charge and stay that way.
Lithium Ion- This is the one used on new laptops. It does not have any problems with memory and its output is a lot higher and is more efficient as well. This is the best choice when it comes picking the right type of laptop battery.
For those who use their laptops extensively, one of the biggest problems that they encounter with their device is its battery. Everything else could still be good with, it could still run the programs that are needed, it is still fast but its battery is draining really fast. Normally, one would be told that there is nothing that can be done for it. In such cases, it is generally recommended that one should just buy new batteries. But is that really the only move that is left to the owner of the laptop?
Is it Possible to Repair Laptop Batteries?
A lot of people are concerned about the possibility of repairing defective laptop batteries. The truth is that a laptop battery is not designed to be repaired by an ordinary user. There are no user serviceable parts inside it nor are there any parts that can be taken out and replaced with a new one.
Hiring a Technician for Battery Repair
It is a different matter however if a technician who knows how to work devices will be the one who will try and repair the laptop battery. Since he knows how it really works and how to deal with it, he can take it apart and work with it.
What a Technician Can Do
What can a computer repair technician do to a laptop battery to make it work better or maybe even repair it? The details are rather technical and you wouldn’t really understand it if you don’t have a solid grasp of electronics or how electrical systems work.
They can improve the performance of an old laptop battery by replacing cells. These batteries are made up of two components. The first is the electronic circuit and then there is part made up of chemical sells which serves as the actual storage of the energy. There are several cells to each battery and sometimes not all of them would be depleted at the same time. A technician can then improve the performance of a battery for a laptop by replacing the weak cells.
A Complicated Process
Replacing a weak cell is easier said than done. It is a complicated process that would take experience and skill in working with circuits. Add to that is the fact that these parts are really not designed to be replaced.
Since this is a complicated process that would take time a technician might charge you a great deal of money. Because of that it might just be better if you just buy a new battery.
The guys over at One Flare use their laptops a lot, and they clean them regularly That would extend its life so that you can get the most out of it. But the cleaning and maintenance of a laptop is not only for the sake of the device. You are also bound to benefit from it. The keyboards of these devices are breeding grounds for germs that can cause diseases and contamination.
Proper Cleaning of Laptops
You can’t just go on and start cleaning your laptop without doing some research on the proper way of doing it. You might cause some damage to the device if you follow the wrong steps and then there is always the danger of electrocution since it uses electricity. The way that you clean the keyboard is different from the process that you would follow in cleaning the screen. Here is a guide on how you can do that:
- Make sure that the laptop is off before you start cleaning.
- Remove the battery just to be sure that there is no power going into the device.
- Open the laptop and then turn it upside down. This is to let any crumbs or debris trapped in the keyboard fall down. You can tap it gently to loosen anything that’s trapped there.
- If you have canned air, you can use that to spray the surface of the laptop to further make sure that anything stuck in between there is removed.
- Use a small handheld vacuum so you can clean the surface of the laptop. It would be better if pit has a brush attachment to it.
- Once you are done vacuuming the surface of the laptop, you can dampen a cotton cloth with rubbing alcohol and wipe the keyboard with it. It should only be damp and not soaking wet.
How You Can Clean Your Laptop Screen
The computer screen is a delicate part of the laptop. Too much pressure on it could damage the screen and that can be costly to replace. So you need to be careful when you are trying to clean it. Here are some steps that you can follow.
- Start by spraying the screen to remove most of the dust there.
- Mix a solution of vinegar and water.
- Use that to wipe and clean the surface of the computer screen.
These are the steps that you can follow when it comes to cleaning the surface of the screen of your laptop.
It is not a necessity for you to have your iPhone synced in with a laptop. You can still use it and take advantage of some of its features. But there are some advantages that you can get if you do so. To give you an idea of what syncing could do for you, here are some of those advantages:
- Your iPhone would be updated with any new music that you have purchased on the online store.
- You can add or remove applications a lot faster.
- Your updates will get updated right away with any changes that you make.
Those are just some of the advantages that you can get with syncing.
How to Sync Your iPhone
Don’t be intimidated with the term syncing. It is not really as high tech as it sounds. You can do it even if you are not that technically inclined. You just have to be patient as you teach yourself how to do it. Here are some steps that you can follow when it comes to syncing your iPhone:
- The first thing for you to do is to connect your iPhone to your laptop or your computer. Your iPhone should come with a connector that would allow you to do that.
- Once the devices are connected you can then open up iTunes on the laptop.
- The next step is to find the name of your device on iTunes. You can find it on the sidebar under where it says devices. Look for where it says summary and then go down on the options that you have there.
- You should see an option there that says that the system would automatically sync once the iPhone has been connected.
- Go back to the tab that says info and put a mark on the box where it says to sync the contacts on the address book. You can then choose whether you want to sync your notes and contacts.
- You should go through each tab. You can choose to sync each item under that option when the iPhone is connected to the laptop.
- When you are done with all the options, you can start the process by clicking the sync option at the bottom of the window for the iTunes.
Once you do that all the changes that you do with your iTunes on the laptop would also be transferred to the device when they get connected.