The guys over at One Flare use their laptops a lot, and they clean them regularly That would extend its life so that you can get the most out of it. But the cleaning and maintenance of a laptop is not only for the sake of the device. You are also bound to benefit from it. The keyboards of these devices are breeding grounds for germs that can cause diseases and contamination.
Proper Cleaning of Laptops
You can’t just go on and start cleaning your laptop without doing some research on the proper way of doing it. You might cause some damage to the device if you follow the wrong steps and then there is always the danger of electrocution since it uses electricity. The way that you clean the keyboard is different from the process that you would follow in cleaning the screen. Here is a guide on how you can do that:
- Make sure that the laptop is off before you start cleaning.
- Remove the battery just to be sure that there is no power going into the device.
- Open the laptop and then turn it upside down. This is to let any crumbs or debris trapped in the keyboard fall down. You can tap it gently to loosen anything that’s trapped there.
- If you have canned air, you can use that to spray the surface of the laptop to further make sure that anything stuck in between there is removed.
- Use a small handheld vacuum so you can clean the surface of the laptop. It would be better if pit has a brush attachment to it.
- Once you are done vacuuming the surface of the laptop, you can dampen a cotton cloth with rubbing alcohol and wipe the keyboard with it. It should only be damp and not soaking wet.
How You Can Clean Your Laptop Screen
The computer screen is a delicate part of the laptop. Too much pressure on it could damage the screen and that can be costly to replace. So you need to be careful when you are trying to clean it. Here are some steps that you can follow.
- Start by spraying the screen to remove most of the dust there.
- Mix a solution of vinegar and water.
- Use that to wipe and clean the surface of the computer screen.
These are the steps that you can follow when it comes to cleaning the surface of the screen of your laptop.