It is not a necessity for you to have your iPhone synced in with a laptop. You can still use it and take advantage of some of its features. But there are some advantages that you can get if you do so. To give you an idea of what syncing could do for you, here are some of those advantages:
- Your iPhone would be updated with any new music that you have purchased on the online store.
- You can add or remove applications a lot faster.
- Your updates will get updated right away with any changes that you make.
Those are just some of the advantages that you can get with syncing.
How to Sync Your iPhone
Don’t be intimidated with the term syncing. It is not really as high tech as it sounds. You can do it even if you are not that technically inclined. You just have to be patient as you teach yourself how to do it. Here are some steps that you can follow when it comes to syncing your iPhone:
- The first thing for you to do is to connect your iPhone to your laptop or your computer. Your iPhone should come with a connector that would allow you to do that.
- Once the devices are connected you can then open up iTunes on the laptop.
- The next step is to find the name of your device on iTunes. You can find it on the sidebar under where it says devices. Look for where it says summary and then go down on the options that you have there.
- You should see an option there that says that the system would automatically sync once the iPhone has been connected.
- Go back to the tab that says info and put a mark on the box where it says to sync the contacts on the address book. You can then choose whether you want to sync your notes and contacts.
- You should go through each tab. You can choose to sync each item under that option when the iPhone is connected to the laptop.
- When you are done with all the options, you can start the process by clicking the sync option at the bottom of the window for the iTunes.
Once you do that all the changes that you do with your iTunes on the laptop would also be transferred to the device when they get connected.